Core Skills: Photoshop Pen Tool [HD] Video Tutorial
The Pen Tool, arguably one of the most versatile and useful Photoshop functions there is. You can create complex selections, remove objects with clinical precision and use it to create any shape you desire. It is one of the more difficult tools to master, but if you get proficient with it sooner rather than later your photo manipulation work will start to improve rapidly. It is the king for removing objects with defined edges, and you can use it in conjunction with layer masks to tackle softer items like fur or hair.
This video tutorial (the first one Ive done actually!) is an introduction to the ‘wonder-tool’ – hopefully you can learn something new about it’s functions or introduce it to your workflow. Further notes can be found below the video.
• Hit ‘P’ to activate the Pen Tool or select it via the tool panel.
• Ensure the tool is set to ‘Paths’ in the tool settings menu.
• Hold down Ctrl (Mac: CMD) and click to move the anchor points or tweak the anchor handles.
• Holding down space-bar and dragging the screen with the mouse allows you to easily navigate around the image.
• Holding Alt and clicking an anchor point removes the curvature for the next point.
• Ctrl + and Ctrl – allows you to zoom in and out without switching tools, Ctrl 0 fits the image to screen (CMD for Mac).
• ‘Feather’ allows you to set the softness of the selection, value of 0 is hardest.
• You can use the Pen Tool to create custom shapes.
Thanks for viewing guys, please feel free to share your thoughts below.
Follow on Twitter >> @Conzpiracy